Google has announced the launch of a new feature called “Perspectives” that will allow users to see different perspectives on a topic when they search for it on mobile. The feature is currently available in the US and will be rolled out to other countries in the coming months.
When you search for a topic with the Perspectives filter enabled, Google will show you a carousel of results that represent different perspectives on the topic. The results will include articles, videos, and social media posts from a variety of sources. Google will also show you information about the creators of the content, such as their name, profile photo, and the number of followers they have.
The Perspectives filter is designed to help users get a more complete picture of a topic by exposing them to different viewpoints. This can be helpful for topics that are controversial or complex. For example, if you search for “climate change,” you will see results from both sides of the debate. This can help you to understand the different arguments and perspectives on the issue.
The Perspectives filter is a new and experimental feature, so it is still under development. Google is constantly working to improve the feature and add new sources of content.
Here are some tips for using the Perspectives filter:
- Use the filter for topics that are controversial or complex. The Perspectives filter can be helpful for getting a more complete picture of a topic by exposing you to different viewpoints.
- Read the content from a variety of sources. Don’t just read the content that supports your own viewpoint. It is important to read content from a variety of sources to get a well-rounded view of the topic.
- Be critical of the content. Not all content is created equal. Be critical of the content you read and evaluate it for its accuracy, bias, and credibility.
The Perspectives filter is a new and useful feature that can help you to get a more complete picture of a topic. By using the filter, you can learn about different viewpoints and perspectives on a variety of topics.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the Perspectives filter:
- The filter is not perfect. Google is still working to improve the filter and add new sources of content.
- The filter is not available on all devices. The filter is currently only available on mobile devices.
- The filter is not available for all topics. The filter is only available for a limited number of topics.
Despite its limitations, the Perspectives filter is a useful tool that can help you to get a more complete picture of a topic. If you are looking for a way to learn about different viewpoints and perspectives, the Perspectives filter is a good option.
Read our blog: Google Pixel Feature Drop June 2023 Update