How Sunglasses Are Measured
Sunglasses are measured by three key dimensions: lens width, bridge width, and temple length.
- Lens width is the measurement of the lenses from one side to the other, across the widest point. This measurement is important for ensuring that the lenses are wide enough to cover your eyes without feeling too tight or loose.
- Bridge width is the measurement of the bridge, which is the part of the frame that sits on your nose. This measurement is important for ensuring that the bridge fits snugly but comfortably on your nose.
- Temple length is the measurement of the temples, which are the arms of the frames that extend from the sides of the lenses to the back of your ears. This measurement is important for ensuring that the temples are long enough to fit comfortably behind your ears without feeling too tight or loose.
These measurements are typically listed in millimeters on the inside of the temples of the sunglasses. For example, a pair of sunglasses with a lens width of 55mm, a bridge width of 18mm, and a temple length of 140mm would be labeled as “55-18-140.”
How to Know Which Sunglasses Fit You Best
The best way to know which sunglasses fit you best is to try them on in person. When you’re trying on sunglasses, pay attention to the following:
- The lenses should cover your eyes without feeling too tight or loose.
- The bridge should fit snugly but comfortably on your nose.
- The temples should be long enough to fit comfortably behind your ears without feeling too tight or loose.
If you’re not sure what size sunglasses to get, you can always ask a salesperson for help. They can measure your face and recommend a size that’s right for you.
Sunglasses for Different Face Shapes
In addition to size, it’s also important to consider the shape of your face when choosing sunglasses. Here are a few tips for choosing sunglasses that flatter your face shape:
- Round faces: Look for sunglasses with angular features, such as square or rectangular frames. These shapes will help to balance out the roundness of your face.
- Square faces: Look for sunglasses with curved features, such as oval or round frames. These shapes will help to soften the angularity of your face.
- Oval faces: You can wear any shape of sunglasses, but aviators and wayfarers are particularly flattering.
- Heart-shaped faces: Look for sunglasses with wide temples and a narrow bridge. These shapes will help to balance out the width of your forehead and the narrowness of your chin.
Sunglasses trends come and go, but there are a few classic styles that never go out of style. Here are a few of the most popular sunglasses trends for 2023:
- Aviators: Aviators are a classic style that has been popular for decades. They are flattering on most face shapes and can be dressed up or down.
- Wayfarers: Wayfarers are another classic style that is popular for both men and women. They are a great choice for everyday wear.
- Round sunglasses: Round sunglasses are a fun and trendy option that can add a pop of style to your look.
- Cat-eye sunglasses: Cat-eye sunglasses are a feminine and glamorous style that is perfect for a night out.
No matter what your face shape or style, there is a pair of sunglasses out there that is perfect for you. With so many different styles and trends to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect pair to keep your eyes protected and your style on point.
Read more blog: Top 5 Vogue Sunglasses to Style You & Protect Your Eyes